Instructions to the tandoor.
TANDYR - oriental oven-roaster for cooking a variety of delicious dishes, as an alternative to modern barbecue and barbecue. We offer tandoor made of environmentally friendly, heat-resistant, white kaolin clay, mixed with refractory fireclay and burned at a temperature of about 1200 degrees Celsius. The confirmation of the ecology of our tandyrs is the Conclusion of the state sanitary and epidemiological examination of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on tandoors No. 05.03.02-04 / 4151 of February 16, 2016.
In the tandoor, you can easily cook kebabs, entrées and pilaf, bake whole lamb leg, fish, poultry, vegetables, bake flat cakes and pizza. It is always healthy and high-quality food, a variety of dishes, ease of preparation and the ability to cook at any time of the year. You do not interfere with wind, rain and frost, as the fire is kindled inside the furnace, while heating the walls. You will not need to spend time putting out a bursting flame, turning a skewer and watching the fire, like on a grill.
Attention - the first ignition! Pay special attention to the first ignition of tandyr, namely, gradually raise the temperature inside the oven for an hour - one and a half. Load the firewood into 1/3 of the tandyr volume, then after burning it (after about 15-20 minutes) add a few more logs to ½ volume. Further, throughout the process of burning wood, make sure that the recommended amount of wood is maintained up to half the tandoor depth. Also, the first ignition will cause the product and the ceramic cover to crackle with cobweb-like cracks.Do not worry, this is not a defect, this is a normal reaction of the ceramic furnace to the temperature regime. During further operation of the tandoor, the set temperature to the working level should take about an hour. Good exploitation and "delicious" cooking!
Preparation of the tandoor to work:
- it is necessary to install the tandoor on a heat-resistant base;
- remove / open the top cover and blew;
- load dry firewood into the tandoor and ignite. When the wood breaks through with a blower and the cap adjusts the air supply to prevent excessive consumption of firewood. The ceramic cover is installed on the tandoor after the flames in the tandoor have sufficiently flared. The cover also heats up accumulating heat.
- the working temperature is set after about an hour of smooth heating of the tandoor depending on the wood used;
- In the process of burning, soot disappears from the inner walls and the lid, which indicates that the working temperature is almost reached in the tandoor. From this moment you can not put firewood on. Wait until the rest of the wood burns out, then close the blower and the cap. A few minutes after the coals settle down, the tandoor is ready for use and you can lay cooked foods;
- during the kindling, you can cook the first and second dishes in cast-iron dishes installed on the complete upper grill, adjusting the power of the flame by blowing.
As practice has shown, firewood of hardwood such as hornbeam, oak, beech, birch, acacia, i.e. firewood which has a very high heat transfer coefficient. Unfortunately, due to insufficient heat transfer, it is possible to call firewood fruit trees that we used to use as fuel in barbecues undesirable to use, and pine and other smol firewood are completely excluded from the list, since they are completely unsuitable for kindling tandoors.
We want to share with you interesting observations. Cooking in tandoors is possible, both with a layer of coal at the bottom, and without them. Why is that? Yes, because the working temperature in the tandyr is provided not by hot coals, but by powerful heat transfer from the ceramic walls. This method is suitable for cooking dietary meat, kebab or steak with a minimal smell of smoke.
But, leaving the coals, you can extend the cooking time on one ignition, and by opening the blower and cap at the end of cooking for a few minutes, you will get a ruddy golden crust on the meat.
The remaining coals will allow you to quickly raise the temperature a second time. If the tandoor is not too cold, open the cap and bleed, throw small wood, chips and paper and the flame will automatically flare. The time to reach the operating temperature of such ignition is much less than for the first.
When the ceramic furnace is heated to the maximum, cobweb-like cracks appear, which is not a product defect and does not affect the performance of the tandoor.
- for cooking kebabs from meat, poultry, fish and vegetables, used skewers or stationary skurnitsa. The high heat capacity of the body and the vertical arrangement of the skewers ensure uniform cooking temperature;
- for roasting leg of lamb, you can use a metal ring and a hook;
- for barbecue and roasting pork shank, homemade sausage, pork, meat steak, fish and vegetables using a 2-tier grid "Transformer";
- For roasting whole chicken, turkey or duck, use the “Poultry Nozzle”;
- for cooking the first dishes, a complete metal ring and a cast-iron cauldron are used.
- For products that are languishing, use ceramic dishes made of red clay. Such dishes can be put on the 2-tier grid "Transformer".
Attention! Do NOT place ceramic dishes in open fire. On an open fire can be put only cast iron.
After placing the products in the tandoor, close the top cover and the small cap-cap. The cooking process takes place due to the powerful heat transfer from the tandoor walls, which are heated by initially heating them with open fire at high temperatures.After complete combustion of firewood, the inner walls of the tandyr are heated to a temperature of 500 degrees Celsius and retain heat for about 2 hours (depending on the tandyr model and the ambient temperature), which allows for fast and uniform cooking, as well as to preserve the minerals and vitamins, juiciness and aroma of the prepared product, at the same time it does not burn and does not dry. The degree of roasting is regulated by supplying air to the tandoor (blew out, cap - small upper lid).
Approximate cooking time:
Pork skewers - 15 minutes;
Whole chicken - 1 hour;
Lamb leg - 2 hours;
Fish (large pieces of 1-1.5 kg.) - 20 minutes;
Vegetables - 30 minutes.
- at the first kindling, the temperature in the tandoor should be raised gradually;
- Do not allow water to get on the hot tandyr;
- take into account that in windy weather the height of the flame can reach one meter;
- it is desirable to store the tandoor under a canopy;
- be careful when handling hot surfaces and do not allow children without supervision to a working tandoor;
- use thick cloth mittens;
- after the end of cooking, it is necessary to let the tandoor cool down.
- scoop and metal scraper for cleaning tandoor;
- a metal ring for skewers of lower loading and cooking first courses in a cauldron;
- large ceramic removable or flip cover with handles;
- the cap is ceramic.
Additionally, we recommend to purchase accessories from food grade stainless steel:
- removable 2 or 3-level lattice "Transformer";
- "Fir-tree" design for simultaneous roasting on peaks and stewing in a roasting pan;
- skewer for lower and upper load;
- a nozzle for a bird;
Dear customers! Adhere to our recommendations and then the tandoor will serve you for many years.